Moving House at Christmas
Perhaps surprisingly, Christmas is a very popular time of year for moving home. With enough going on at this time of year, the last thing you want is a nerve-wracking move.
Moving house is famously one of the most stressful events of a person’s life when this is coupled with unpredictable UK weather (especially in Northern Ireland) and traffic, you’ll want to do all you can to reduce the stress levels leading up to moving day. If you’ve booked in your move this month and want to get in before Christmas Day, there’s still plenty of time to prepare and make the whole experience easier on yourself and your family.
At IN ONE PIECE, we have combined our knowledge and experience of home removals to give you some tips for moving house during the Christmas season.
1. Plan ahead Confirm your move date in advance and don't leave it until last minute. This is a very busy period for a house moves (small or big) around Belfast and North Down area so you want to book your removals company as early as possible.
2. Book your removals company Get a quote to book your preferred moving day. This will give you plenty of time to prepare.
3. Prepare for the worst Expect there to be snow, yes... even in Belfast, Bangor or Derry :) Have a salt ready for your driveway and pathway so removal van can get to your property.
4. Organise your packing Start packing 2 -3 weeks before, with labelled boxes and Christmas decoration so you can decorate your new home.We can help...
5. Christmas shopping You need to find time for your Christmas shopping! Plan ahead :)
6. Bills, Bills, Bills To avoid Christmas without electricity inform your utility company about your moving date.
7. Change of address Inform your family, friends about your new address..you want to receive all the Christmas cards :)
By planning ahead and being organised during at this festive period, you will have much more time to get excited about moving this Christmas.
If you are moving house in Belfast, Bangor, Newry or anywhere in UK... we hope this few tips will help on your moving day!
Get in touch with our experts for your free estimate!